Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Arsenal vs Swansea - just couldn't hang on

Again, the passing game and resetting had cost Arsenal precious points. First half was really stressful to watch. Even with the insertion of Podolski in the second half, it is still stressful. I must say that the first goal was out of luck. He just happened to be there. But the hunger in getting that second goal; that pace, is what I truly want to see in Arsenal. Go Poldi! However, they just couldn't hang on.

Talking Point 1: Giroud not there yet
That one goal really saved his arse, because if he hadn't got that goal, he would be hugely criticized for his lack of performance in the game. I must say, Giroud was not very useful at all in the whole game. He did not drive the team, he lost aerial duels, he did not contribute in getting in and creating chances, he was poor. He did, however, get into the right position when needed for the second goal. BUT, one goal does not make you good. One goal every game, though, and I might have a different story to tell. Hopefully Giroud gets into the right position more often and finish that sweet chance!

Talking Point 2: Arteta vs Rosicky
Age does not matter. Getting old does not stop you from being great. But if you play like Arteta, it won't do well for you. He controls the possession, that's good. But just when you want Arsenal to drive more, he just seems to be so content with keeping the possession. I dare say that he is the reason why Arsenal are so lazy and out of pace. There is just no urgency or good running to release somebody when Arteta is playing. Simply because they know that Arteta wants to keep the ball instead of taking chances. Rosicky though, plays a very different football. He gets in. He tries to work something and go forward. Arteta, in contrast, goes backward, and it sucks to see that sometimes. Get Arteta out! Put Flamini and Kim, I dare you!

Talking Point 3: Where in the world is Ramsey?
How long has he been injured? I thought somebody said he would be back for the Bayern 2nd leg. Then it got delayed and someone said he might make it for the Tottenham Hotshit derby. Then something happened and now his recovery is prolonged again? I thought he would be back for the Chelsea game but noooo, there were some complications and his return would be postponed. Is Arsenal keeping something from us? Sometimes I do wonder if the club fakes an injury when the player is actually 100% fit, just to keep the player from playing. What ever the reason is, someone needs to get Ramsey back. I very much want to see what he can do to help Arsenal!

Talking Point 4: Wenger out?
I've been wondering if I should support this statement. I mean, honestly, Arsenal has not won a trophy in almost 9 years. Is that too long? Ask yourself. Is Wenger the problem? Ask yourself.

Yeah all the negatives will come in when Arsenal lost or draw. Seriously, who can complain when they're on a winning streak? I just hope Arsenal GET IN! I've seen too much possession and less chances! G-E-T space I-N!

No comments:

Post a Comment